Sika Film 205 Litres Evaporating Retarders
Sika Film is a moisture evaporation retardant. It is designed to be used on concrete surfaces to reduce evaporative water loss.
- All applications where a superior finish is required on concrete flatwork
- Protects concrete from the effects of excessive moisture loss in rapid drying conditions
- Eliminates the need to add water to low slump concrete or spraying water on the concrete surface to aid finishing
- Good finishing aid to fresh concrete for extra smooth and durable concrete floors
- Reduces plastic shrinkage cracking caused by evaporation in low humidity conditions such as heat and high winds
- Finishing aid to fresh concrete that produces little or no bleed water, such as microsilica or air entrained mixes
10 litre pail 205 litre drum
Equipment used to mix and apply Sika® Film should be washed immediately after use with water.
When diluted at a ratio of 1:8, 1 litre of Sika® Film will yield 9 litres of liquid.Depending on surface profile and texture the total diluted material covers an area of approximately 35-90 m2. These figures are theoretical and do not allow for any additional material due to surface porosity, surface profile, variations in level or wastage etc. Dosage rates outside the recommended range may be used when project conditions require special consideration. Contact Sika Technical Services for additional information.
Thoroughly mix 1 part Sika® Film with 8 parts of water by volume.
Apply the diluted Sika® Film solution with a fine mist sprayer as soon as possible after placing concrete and before floating and trowelling operations.
Apply the diluted Sika® Film solution with a fine mist sprayer as soon as possible after floating and trowelling operations.
- Evaporating Retarders